Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Threshold Guardian in My Life


Being shy used to be the threshold guardian in my life. When I was younger, I never wanted to talk to people I didn't know, or talk in front of a larger crowd of people. Once when I was in pre school, we had a graduation ceremony for the students who were going to elementary school. Before I got in front of the crowd, I was ready to say my speech. I knew it word from word and I used the best voice I could. When it was my turn to say my speech, I stood in front of the microphone and cried. The only person who could make me say my speech was my mom. After I fininshed saying my speech, everyone stood up and cheered for me. That day I knew that I had to stop being shy and conquer my fear. Now whenever I have to talk in front of people, I can look them in the eye and say what I have to without my mom. The ability to overcome my threshold guardian has helped me to make alot of new friends and talk to strangers. I am very proud of myself that I can do things that I could not do when I was younger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers